Favorite Quotes

"People who claim they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us. It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of. "
— Gregory Maguire (Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West)

"The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."
- Victor Hugo


"Sooner or later the day comes when you can't hide from the things you've done" -Battlestar Galactica

Playing dress up in Salem, MA

Playing dress up in  Salem, MA

Herky!

Herky!
Love the Iowa Hawkeyes!

Home

Home
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Struggles

So I had my upper GI done.  Gosh drinking that crap is terrible! But while I was there the radiologist told me he saw a large hiatal hernia.  Two days later I met with my surgeon again and we talked options.  He wanted to do a EGD and get a look in there himself.  He said that with a hiatal hernia and the lap band, if it is large, it will have to be repaired.  That freaked me out.  I really do not want to have surgery!  He then removed all the fluid in my band thinking it will releive the burning and also it has to be removed for the scope.  Well it did not stop the burning.  It just made the stomach burn and me hungry all the time!  So I have increased my water intake to help with that!


Last Thursday I had my EGD.  I was expecting the doctor to come see us after i woke up.  However, he had a meeting and could not see me and we were discharged with a follow up appointment.  The next day i called his office( the doctor works for the same group that i work for) and they were closed.  They only work a few hours on friday.


Monday I finally heard from them.  According to the nurse, the doctor did not see a large hiatal hernia.  Just a very small one.  He said I could very well have what is called a traveling hiatal hernia.  Meaning sometimes it is big and sometimes it is not there.  He did not that I have severe gastritis, and severe Duodenitis.  So basically due to the acid reflux and what now is a small hernia my stomach is extremely red and inflamed. They are waiting to get the cultures back on the biopsy's they took.  Gastritis and duodenitis are normally caused by H. Pilori.  I did test negative for this in 2009.  So we will see and also i am testing for Barretts esophagus(SP??) .  I should know those results today or tomorrow.  I just hate waiting.  And my stomach still hurts like hell!


To make matters worse, the surgeon that I just now found is as of 9/28/2011 no longer going to be practicing.  He will be teaching at the medical school in the area.  So now I am left to find a new doctor and the closest one that takes my insurance is in Columbia Missouri 2 hours away!  I am so beyond frustrated !!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment